We can learn some of the greatest and most simple lesson from children. For instance, our children have played baseball and softball for local community leagues. At the end of every game, the children on the team enjoy a refreshing snack brought by one set of parents; however, the children who were not on the team are left to stand and watch. You can imagine how difficult this is for the children left out. As tears flow, they turn to their parents for an answer as to why they are not included. The answer is simple – it’s because they aren’t on the team.
For a kid on a baseball/softball team, no matter how bad the game was, there’s always a reward in the end for being on the team. Spiritually speaking, the same is true. When an individual in faithful obedience, submits to the will of God in salvation, they are “on the team”. The book of Ephesians calls this being “in Him” – in Christ – and, in chapter one, there are several blessings outlined for those in Christ.
- Ephesians 1: 3 – In Christ, we have every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.
- Ephesians 1: 4 – In Christ, we have been chosen of God.
- Ephesians 1: 7 – In Christ, we have redemption through His blood.
- Ephesians 1: 9 – In Christ, we have the mystery of God’s will revealed.
- Ephesians 1: 13 – In Christ, we have the message of truth.
- Ephesians 1: 13 – In Christ, we have been sealed with the Holy Spirit.
Just like being on the team brings with it the great blessing of the refreshing snack, being “in Him” has great reward as well. Today, if you’re not “in Him”, it’s our prayer you will decide to allow God through Christ to change that.
May God bless you as you walk with HIM!